Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm on a roll... Don't stop me now!

So maybe I'm just on a crafty binge, or maybe I just like the look of my own thoughts on paper but whatever the reason here's another blog post. So the latest card I have been working is another birthday card for the man's aunt. This card I kept very simple.... for me at least! I use paper from  Colorbok Pearlescent Paper (the blue and green collection), Olde Curiosity Shoppe from Graphic45, Sisal twine, stormy sky distress ink by Tim Holtz,  Momento Tuxedo Black ink and another recollection stamp set with no name.  I don't know what my obsession is lately with square cards because I never used to make square cards I always simply make A2 size and this is my third square card in a row!

I started out with a 5 1/4 square base, added 5 x 5 mat of the palest ice blue from the ColorBok paper pack I distressed the edges with my tonic distress tool and inked the edges in the stormy sky distress ink,  Using the flying pig pattern paper from the Gaphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe I created a slightly smaller mat, inking and distressing the edges and using one of my fiskers scalloped border punches on the bottom edge.  I took a white doily from my stash inked it with the stormy sky and adhered that on top of the flying pig paper.
I created the band across the center of the card by cutting strips of the pattern paper distressing and inking the edges.  The sisal that I used to wrap around the paper band I created came from my local drugstore I got 55 yards for a dollar! I have to warn you I almost was unable to use the sisal because of the smell when I open the packaging. It has a very strong chemical smell okay maybe not a chemical but definitely smelled like  it been dipped in vinegar! I really thought that it was an important accent to have so I unwound some of it and set it out back on my picnic table to air out for about 15 min to see if maybe the smell would go away and the good news is it did.  Once the smell was gone I wrapped it round the paper band I had created tied a simple bow. I was afraid that the bow would come out so I secured it with a little bit of glossy accent. I fussy cut around one of the pigs from the pattern paper and popped him up on dimensional adhesive.  I stamped the sentiment with memento tuxedo Black ink and distressed the edges rubbed  some stormy sky on it with my blending tool to give it the blue color then sprayed water into my hand and flicked it on the paper. When the paper was dry I matted it onto some more the pattern paper and inked and distressed the edges.

The inside  of the card I tried to follow a similar layout to the front I used more paper from the same paper stacks that I did on the front but the reverse sides. I also used the same scallop border punch on the bottom of the largest piece of patterned paper.  I distressed and inked all edges of the paper and to keep the same look going from the front to inside.

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my blog! Hope I can keep up this post pace!
More Later
Tae

No comments:

Post a Comment