Thursday, March 29, 2012

Booked!!!

This is a big birthday year for Jack and myself. I am 33 days from 30 and Jack is going to be 40 on May 11th. I decided some time last year that I wanted to do something extra special for him since he has not really had the best birthdays the last few years.  So for I have planned and booked a surprise trip to Vegas! I even have wrangeled a few close friends into taking the trip with us. And have even aranged for his best friend to fly with us. It is going to take all the strength that I possess not to tell him about this trip. It is definitely hard to keep secrets, especially something this big! It was hard for me to believe I'm actually going to be able to pull it off. Usually I have the best of intentions but very poor follow-through.  Originally with this idea I wanted to go the 10th through the 13th of May but due to financial reasons I had to book it for May 9th - 12th. So we will still be in Vegas for his actual birthday. I also booked us a room at Treasure Island! I have never stayed at that one but I have heard great things about the hotel.

 I need to figure out exactly how to tell him we are going to be going. My original idea was to not tell him until were on our way to the airport but I think I might have to tell before so he can pack himself instead of me packing his bag for him. I need to think of a really creative way to tell him. We leave a 1pm on the 9th so I could tell him as late at that morning or the night before.  I'll have to do some thinking on how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment