Thursday, December 20, 2012

True colors

Now I could post today about all the drama that has been going on in the last week or so but with Christmas just around the corner I'm not going to. I am simply going to be grateful for what I have and the people who are still in my life that still deserve to be here. I tried again working on my Christmas cards but at this late in the game
I think it's a lost cause. So here is the basic card the only thing missing is the insert piece that has the greeting. I am thinking I will do that in red. Little description of the card. The base is made from a a piece of recollections paper that comes in 8 1/2 by 11 sheets. It is patterned on one side and white on the other.  I cut it length wise and folded it in half. The red, gold and green patterned paper is from Recollections Christmas Botanical paper pad and I cut a 4.25 by 3 section and cut it in half so I had 2 sections of 4.25 by 1.5. You can see I folded the one end of the card down 1.5 inches and and glued the patterned paper to each of the exposed white parts of the brown recollections paper and inked Pine Needles Distress ink. I took some Bazzil card in Kiwi Crush and cut several small strips of it. I punched a scalloped edged to one of the strips. Inked them with the same distress ink. In fact I inked pretty much EVERYTHING in distress ink. The Santa approved logo came from a piece of patterned paper that I had in my stash. I'll look tonight to see if I have the name of it  and add it to this entry. I cut each of them out   I took more Kiwi Crush and cut scalloped circle with my spellbinder die I layered those two pieces together and adhered the 2 together added a pop dot and centered it on the card. I used the Tim Holtz Holly die to cute the holly in the bottom corner of the card and ran the leaves though one of my embossing folders. It is another Timmy product and I think it's part of the damask set I bought. I'm really not sure the name of it. And that's it! That's all I have for today!
More Later
Tae


No comments:

Post a Comment